Sitting in stillness this morning (okay, I was attempting to sit in stillness -- even a millisecond without chatter is an achievement), I began thinking about how we toss off these phrases when people ask, “How are you?” But if we really think about these words as we say them, we are actually stating an affirmation -- and connecting with a deeper sense of self and healing as well.
- I am in tune with the weather (if it’s a nice day) or transcending it (if it’s dreary outside).
- I am valuable. I am worthy of being cared for (especially by myself) because I have an innate value in the interconnected world.
- I am attuned to a higher vibration where -- at this moment -- coarseness has no place.
- I am beautiful.
- I am living in integrity, and I trust myself to act in accordance with the greatest good for myself and all my relations.
- My thoughts, words and actions reflect my connectivity with the greatest good.
- I feel happy, and I exude this feeling to everyone I meet.
- I am healthy in body, mind and spirit.
- I am THE Well: I am connected to the source of all that is.
- For this moment, I am blissful and content.
Next time someone asks, “How are you?”, take a moment to connect with what you are saying as you reply. And realize that as you say the words, you are making them true.